The Grammar for English Teachers (GET) course aims at giving participants the necessary theoretical background to understand key aspects of English vocabulary, while also giving teachers practical ideas to teach vocabulary effectively, both face-to-face and online. The makes abundant use of video, music, and authentic texts as models of language.
The PET is a 12-hour course, and its first edition (January/February 2021) will be offered as follows:
- 100% online via Zoom
- February 19 to March 19 (Fridays), from 5.00 to 7.30 p.m*
*Sessions are recorded and the recordings are available to participants for 7 days (requires a Gmail account)
- What’s grammar?
- Common grammar mistakes
- Time, tense, and aspect
- The tense system
- The present perfect
- Advanced features of present and past
- Passive voice
- The crazy world of prepositions
- Verb complementation
- Relative and participle clauses
- Purpose, reason, and concessive clauses
All worksheets used in the course will be made available for participants via the course’s Google classroom. However, having at least one of the titles below is recommended:
- Inglês para Professor, by Higor Cavalcante
- Teaching English Grammar, by Jim Scrivener
- Grammar for English Language Teachers, by Martin Parrott
- Practical English Usage, by Michael Swan
- About Language, by Scott Thornbury
R$ 700,00, payable by:
- bank transfers in three payments (first upon registration; second on February 10; third on March 10, 2021)
- credit card (in multiple instalments via PagSeguro – fees apply)
*Higor’s current or former CAE, CPE, or CELTA students have a 10% discount; if you have done Pronunciation for Teachers or Vocabulary for Teachers (PET or VET), you have a 15% discount.
Register for the course here.